Boil Water Advisory Still in Effect
NOTICE of Water Shut-Off on Saturday, October 30th
Public Works is still awaiting the BacT tests from the breakage in the line, so the boil water advisory is still in place.
The new line is ready to be connected to the distribution system. The contractor chose Saturday, October 30th to do this work. To complete this tie in they will have to isolate the water line on Spokeshute. To be safe, the entire community should be prepared to be without water while the work is conducted.
TONIGHT, before the water outage:
- Fill pots on the stove with water for cooking.
- Fill a couple of buckets with water for washing.
- Fill potable water containers for drinking. Assume about one gallon of drinking water per person per day.
- Fill bathtubs with water and use buckets to flush toilets. A toilet will flush when approximately a gallon of water is dumped into the bowl.
- Get your dishes and laundry done!
During the water outage:
Try not to operate the water faucets. This will prevent air from entering your plumbing.