This week the contractor has been working on the following:
- Grading and shaping of road base along West Kalum Rd, and Spokeshute Rd;
- Grading and shaping of road subbase and base on Gila Guaw and Spokeshute Cres;
- Fish Salvaging and Dewatering at the Slough Crossing;
- Preparing for the Watermain test on Spokeshute Rd, and
- West Kalum Rd. watermain and valve replacements (Occurring on Saturday, October 23, 2021).
Next week the contractor will work on the following:
- Finishing placement of base crush road gravels on West Kalum Rd, and Spokeshute Rd.; Gila Guaw, and Spokeshute Cres;
- Culvert Slip line at the Slough Crossing; and
- Placement of Base Gravels on Kalum Rd. West;
The contractor will have a few large trucks driving through the community as they bring in the required road gravels. The work zone will likely change from day to day as they are able to place the material quick with the big trucks. Community members should be mindful that the contractor will likely not be in the same spot throughout the day, or from one day to another. They will have flaggers following the work so traffic can be directed through the zone. Access to homes and through the community will be maintained as the work is completed but there may be minor delays as the material is placed and spread. Residents should be able to get through the community from both entrances.