This week the contractor has been working on the following:
- Grading and shaping of road base along West Kalum Rd, and Spokeshute Rd;
- Grading and shaping of road base on Gila Guaw and Spokeshute Cres;
- Ditching along West Kalum Rd; and
- Installation of the Slough Culvert for Replacement on Kalum Road West.
Next week the contractor will work on the following:
- Place base crush road gravels on Kalum Road West up to the Tempo Gas Bar;
- Installing the storm piping across the road from the WTP; and
- Complete the Sough Culvert Replacement on Kalum Road West.
The contractor will have a few large trucks driving through the community as they bring in the required road gravels. The work zone will likely change from day to day as they are able to place the material quick with the big trucks. Community members should be mindful that the contractor will likely not be in the same spot throughout the day, or from one day to another. They will have flaggers following the work so traffic can be directed through the zone. Access to homes and through the community will be maintained as the work is completed but there may be minor delays and the material is placed and spread. Resident should be able to get through the community from both entrances.
The contractor will likely have heavy machinery at the Slough Crossing down by Tempo this week as well as next week. Traffic through this area will be reduced to a single lane and there may be short delays as the contractor maneuvers equipment around the area.