This week the contractor has been working on the following:
- Grading and shaping of subbase along West Kalum Rd, and Spokeshute Rd;
- Replacement of the road gravels from Kalum Rd. West from Highway 16 towards the Slough; and
- Replacement of the road gravels on Gila Guaw and Spokeshute Cres.
They will continue to work on these items this week and next week. We are still waiting on the water levels at the slough to go down so the contractor can continue with the slough crossing works. They hope to restart that next week as well as long as we don’t get a lot of rain over the next few days.
In recognition of September 30th as the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. The contractor will be halting construction tomorrow. They will resume construction works on Friday, October 1, 2021.
Next week the contractor will work on the following:
- Replacement of road gravels on Gila Guaw and Spokeshute Crescent;
- Replacement of road graves on Kalum Rd. West; and
- Culvert Improvements at the Slough Crossing (Weather Permitting).
For community access, resident should be able to get through the community from both entrances. There will be machinery operating throughout the community but flaggers have been stationed at the work zones to direct traffic. If traffic has to be held it should not be for long. The contractor will make sure that school buses etc. are able to get the school while they work in the area. Flaggers are also stationed by the Tempo Gas Bar as the contractor continues with the road and slough works. Travellers through this area should expect short delays as the contractor works.