For your information, reference and/or further distribution to your staff and community members, please find the attached TSILHQOT’IN NATION V. BRITISH COLUMBIA: Plain Language Version.
For your convenience, the index is as follows:
2. Why did the Tsilhqot’in have to go to Court?
3. What did the lower courts say before the case reached the Supreme Court of Canada?
4. What did the Supreme Court decide?
5. What are some of the problems with the Supreme Court of Canada decision?
6. Why is the decision important for the Tsilhqot’in People and all Indigenous Peoples?
Download Tsilhqot’in Nation v. British Columbia: Plain Language Version
Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs
TEL (604) 684 0231 x 226
FAX (604) 684 5726
5th Floor – 342 Water Street, Vancouver BC V6B 1B6