There have been some reports of unusual activity in the Kitsumkalum community. Please remember to lock up your valuables and keep your windows and doors locked.
If you see something, say something. Report all suspicious activity on scene!
- What is suspicious? The way a person looks, or if they are unfamiliar to you, does not make them suspicious. Behaviour and activity can.
- Look and Listen. Is the person looking into vehicles or homes? Do you hear unusual sounds like yelling or breaking glass? Is the car driving slowly and circling the neighborhood?
- Call 9-1-1. if you believe someone is in physical danger or a crime is happening. If you are unsure, call the non-emergency number 250-638-7400. Police dispatchers can evaluate and determine the response.
- Take note, before calling the police, be prepared to describe what you saw, why it is suspicious, and give a detailed description of the behaviour, the vehicles or people involved.
- Stay safe and remain calm. Do not approach or confront anyone exhibiting suspicious behaviour. Call police directly. Do not report emergencies or suspicious behaviour on social media.
In order to protect our communities, the RCMP is always on the lookout for suspicious activity. You can help keep your community safe by reporting suspicious activity to police or Crime Stoppers.
BC Crime Stoppers
1 (800) 222-8477
Leave an Anonymous Tip Online