UPDATE: Your taps and plumbing will still be working. Public Works informs that there will still be water in the reservoir. However, please conserve your water as much as possible.
Water will be shut off in Kitsumkalum from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm for scheduled water-well maintenance on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23rd, 2022.
Tonight, Public Works encourages you to:
- Fill pots on the stove with water for cooking.
- Fill a couple of buckets with water for washing.
- Fill potable water containers for drinking. Assume about one gallon of drinking water per person per day.
- Fill bathtubs with water and use buckets to flush toilets. A toilet will flush when approximately a gallon of water is dumped into the bowl.
- Get your dishes and laundry done!