Kalum Rock Quarry
Job Posting: For One (1) Screener and Loader Operator
Closing Date: July 7, 2023
Job summary: Seasonal, 8-12 hours/day 5 days/wk
Remuneration: Pay is dependent on experience.
Kalum Quarry LP is currently recruiting a Screener/ Loader Operator to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Shift Boss, the screener and front-end loader is responsible to feed and take away from
the screener. Have the ability to operate the screener and stockpile the screened materials into the
General Maintenance of loader and screener i.e., greasing and fueling as well as screen changes. Screens
can be heavy. Cleaning screens if they plug up. Shoveling out spillage and overloaded belts if needed
- Work safely in a mining environment following company procedures and policies.
- Strong familiarity with crushers, screeners, conveyors, loaders and other associated aggregate and or mobile heavy equipment.
- Maintenance of the equipment being operated.
- Ability to work independently.
- Competent and confident in operating equipment near and around other workers and equipment.
- Loading screener and stock piling material.
- Ability to visually identify material differences.
- Understanding of screener and crushing procedures.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of equipment inspections.
- Ability to grease and maintain good housekeeping in equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and policies.
- Exposure to working outdoors in all weather conditions, in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Regular exposure to lifting and moving items and equipment up to 50 pounds,
- Work will require climbing on equipment and under equipment occasionally in wet muddy conditions.
- Use of required personal protective equipment.
- Regular exposure to conditions including heat, humidity, and dust.
- Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment
- Manual labour, and other physically demanding conditions
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade.
- Provide proof of a valid class 5/7N driver’s license,
- Operates safely with care and attention to the equipment, the jobsite and the crew
- Strict attention and compliance with equipment cleanliness, maintenance and completing logs
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision.
- Basic knowledge of screening and crushing operation.
- Mechanically inclined with knowledge of jaw and cone crushers as well as screening equipment
- Understanding stockpiling techniques.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication skills
- Promptness and Reliability essential
- Reliable transportation
What we offer
- Competitive Wages in line with experience
- Long-term employment.
Location: Kalum Quarry Pit
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume with copies of tickets & cover letter to
Diane Collins & Herb Spalding c/o email@example.com
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.