Job Title: Graduate EIT – Reliability Engineer in Training – Kitimat, BC
There’s never been a better time to be working with LNG Canada.
Why? Because we’re building the largest private infrastructure project in Canada. Our industry-leading liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility will provide the world’s cleanest LNG, with the lowest carbon intensity.
This is your opportunity to be part of history, in an environment that will challenge you to apply all of your skills, and where you can learn with a diverse team of highly experienced industry professionals and mentors.
LNG Canada maintains a healthy, respectful, and safe environment for all our employees, contractors, partners, and communities. Protecting our people, community, and operations is our top priority; our project has committed to meeting some of the strictest regulatory standards in the world. With gratitude and respect LNG Canada acknowledges our facility is under construction and will be operated on the traditional territory of the Haisla Nation. We also gratefully acknowledge the First Nations in our project area and along our shipping route.
Our Vision: To be the leading LNG export company in British Columbia and the
Our Mission: To be seen by our stakeholders as the Company of Choice.
Our Values: Respect, collaboration, integrity and safety.
Come join the team making Canadian history!
About the Role
LNG Canada is currently looking to develop new engineers to prepare them to operate our new LNG facility in Kitimat. This role gives the successful applicant the exciting opportunity to develop both Reliability Engineering competencies and competencies in their primary discipline
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to gain hands on working experience on the largest private infrastructure project in Canada. LNG Canada has a strong learning and development culture to support your personal and professional growth including mentorship with industry professionals. This role provides a unique opportunity to tap into the vast knowledge and training networks of the Joint Venture Companies (Shell, Petronas, PetroChina, Mitsubishi Corporation and KOGAS).
LNG Canada has a New Graduate program, where you will have general foundational competencies and those specific to your discipline to ensure that you are able to meet the requirements to receive your EGBC Professional Engineering Designation.
As a new Engineer in Training in Kitimat you would be working in one of the following teams, depending on your discipline:
- Reliability Engineering
These roles will start approximately between October 2023 and January 2024
Some information about our team.
Reliability EIT (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
The reliability team works within the Engineering and Maintenance department, working closely with this group. They also interface with Operations, Technology, Supply Chain, Finance and Business excellence departments. They assist in ensuring the implementation of asset reliability elements within the areas assigned and coordinates the program of improvements to drive performance in operational reliability. The Reliability team facilitate interdisciplinary teams to proactively devise and implement systemic solutions for operational and technical issues.
The Reliability EIT must be able to work closely with individuals from all engineering disciplines, crafts, and operators in order to create a proactive defect elimination mindset. This cross-functional perspective provides the opportunity to participate and influence in almost all aspects of the plant operation.
The Reliability EIT will develop skill in Reliability Engineering Principles but not limited to Defect Management and Elimination, Causal Learning investigation techniques, Performance Characterization and solution development, Maintenance Strategies development including application of Reliability centered maintenance (RCM), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Reliability Block Diagram (RBD).
As a Reliability Engineer in Training, you will receive projects connected to your discipline to develop your technical competencies, and also work that will broaden your critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Role activities includes:
- Support deliverables for “fit for purpose” equipment care strategies working with multidisciplinary teams through application of for Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and other risk-based methodologies.
- Support the implementation of problem solving using Causal Learning Investigation techniques.
- Support the site’s defect management and elimination process, e.g., Manage Threats and Opportunities process (MTO) to ensure we are identifying, prioritizing and mitigating reliability threats / opportunities.
- Understand the application of equipment criticality in safety and production systems and support translation to applicable equipment care strategies.
- Understand the data sources including SAP, production data systems; and perform performance characterization for bad actor management.
- Participate and support in Risk Management studies.
- Interface with other disciplines to facilitate continuous improvement to maintenance strategies and reliability improvement as part of a living program.
- Be focal in driving reliability work related to your primary discipline on behalf of the department, within reasonable workload.
- Understand key areas of interface with other departments and work processes and support process work across these interfaces e.g., supporting critical spares review with supply chain.
To succeed with us, we need your enthusiasm and energy to:
- Contribute to the One Team approach by adhering to our Health Safety and Environment ways of working and participating in our LNG Canada culture
- Work closely with field-based teams in a collaborative team environment.
- Support Senior Engineers in your discipline as they work on technical and non-technical problems
You are someone who:
- Enjoys being challenged and welcomes the opportunity to be innovative.
- Has a keenness to absorb information, analyze problems, make objective decisions, and come up with sustainable solutions.
- Has the drive and resilience to get things done, the flexibility to work well as part of a team, and the credibility to influence others.
- Has a real interest in working in an industrial plant and being part of the exciting commissioning and start up journey.
- Has an agile mindset to incrementally solve problems.
- Has a strong skill level in working with computers.
- Has excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs.
- Is skilled at working in excel spreadsheets with large amounts of data requiring attention to detail.
- Has an easy, open, and inquisitive attitude with an ability to shift priorities, work under pressure, and manage multiple projects.
- Is able to develop presentation material to accurately reflect information, findings, and data to share with various stakeholders.
- Processes excellent written and verbal communication skills with a team player approach and positive attitude.
- Has a key Interest in advancing best practices and utilizing leading edge technology.
- Is a quick learner with a curious and flexible mindset. You have the ability to adapt quickly to the requirements of the role.
This role requires that you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical).
- Are in your final year of studies or have recently graduated with less than 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be able to achieve the Professional Engineering accreditation in the Province of British Columbia in a timely manner.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or valid work permit)
- Must relocate and Live in the beautiful District of Stikine (Kitimat/Terrace). For applicants located outside of the region, you are encouraged to explore what Kitimat has to offer in terms of lifestyle including schooling, local amenities, outdoor adventure, and housing, to ensure Kitimat is where you would like to call your new home.
- Depending on the role, have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions; this can include rain, hot weather, cool, or dusty days
- Are able to climb industrial stairs and at times ladders, work at heights and at times enter confined spaces. Plant design conditions provide structures that are significantly taller than common in industry, individuals must be comfortable with heights that meet all safety codes and LNG Canada standards
- Complete a clear Site Access Alcohol & Drug Test
- Are willing to comply with LNGC’s drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Have a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license is considered an asset
- A Comprehensive LNG Canada relocation package (if required)
- A full suite of benefits including a flexible Medical and Health plan
- A Defined Contribution Pension plan with a matching program
- A competitive vacation offering to ensure work life balance
- A structured EIT program to help you learn and develop as you work towards your P Eng designation
- For more information, please see attached information found on the job posting.
LNG Canada is a joint venture comprised of Shell Canada Energy (40%) and affiliates of Petronas (25%), PetroChina (15%), Mitsubishi Corporation (15%), and Korea Gas Corporation (5%). The joint venture is building a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility in Kitimat, British Columbia.
LNG Canada sets out to be a project of choice for British Columbia and Canada. Safety, shared economic value, environmental performance and social performance are our highest priorities. We have partnered with governments, local communities, and First Nations to maximize shared value.
Do you have a desire to learn and become part of an organization with a supportive and collaborative culture? Concerned you don’t meet every job requirement? Studies show diverse candidates are less likely to apply unless they feel they meet every single qualification. LNG Canada hires for character and trains for skill. We are dedicated to attracting a diverse and inclusive workforce, representing the communities in which we live and work. We encourage you to apply today.