We passed the Land Code!
What does this mean?
The Land Code provides us with exciting new land management authorities over our reserve lands. This means that we can manage, develop and protect our lands according to our own values and standards.
In order to carry out these responsibilities, we need to be organized. We are setting up a Lands Office, establishing a Lands Committee, and working with staff and community members to identify land management objectives and priorities.
In the spotlight…
- Georgian Island CBC Story (https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/georgina-island-first-nation-land-code-1.5281769)
Documents and Resources
- Certified Land Code
- Individual agreement (Coming Soon)
- Let’s Talk Land Code brochure
- Land Code Video
- First Nations Land Management Resource Centre https://labrc.com/
- Resource Information Page Leading up to Kitsumkalum Land Code Vote