Friendly reminder to our community about safe driving this winter on our new paved roads and pedestrian safety.
Safe Driving & Pedestrian Safety
Monday, December 8, 2022
- Make sure to have good winter tires and safety equipment in your vehicle
- Have your vehicle in good mechanical condition
- Drive with caution on corners and hills i.e. Spokeshute Street and Gila Guaw Crescent
- Remove all playground equipment from road right of ways, Public Works will not be responsible for damages if the equipment is in the road right of way
- Driveways should be clear, and any cars or boats should be clearly marked
- Please give the Snow Clearing Equipment enough room to safely do their work
- Do not shovel snow on to the roadway and create a hazard for drivers to avoid, the frozen snow can damage the plastic spoilers or bend front end parts for steering
- Please do not threaten or harass the Public Works Operators as they work to make unsafe roads, into safe drivable roads for our community.
- Be aware of the weather forecast and public warning of heavy snowfall, rain, and wind
- Do not ask the Public Works Operators to pull your stuck vehicle out of the ditch
- Drive with due care and attention, stay safe this winter driving season.
Kitsumkalum Public Works Department