This week the contractor has been working on the following:
- Grading and shaping of road base along West Kalum Rd., and Spokeshute Rd;
- Placement of the road gravels from Kalum Rd. West;
- Placement of the road gravels on Gila Guaw and Spokeshute Cres.
The contractor will be off site from Saturday, October 9th to Tuesday, October 11th for the Thanksgiving holiday. They will resume construction on Tuesday, October 12th.
Next week the contractor will work on the following:
- Placement of base crush road gravels on West Kalum Rd, and Spokeshute Rd.;
- Minnow trapping and data collection at the Slough Crossing on Kalum Road West; and
- Culvert and ditch Improvements along West Kalum Rd from the School to the Water Treatment Plant.
The contractor will have a few large trucks driving through the community as they bring in the required road gravels. The work zone will likely change from day to day as they are able to place the material fairly quick with the big trucks. Community members should be mindful that the contractor will likely not be in the same spot throughout the day, or from one day to another. They will have flaggers following the work so traffic can be directed through the zone. Access to homes and through the community will be maintained as the work is completed but there may be minor delays and the material is placed and spread. Resident should be able to get through the community from both entrances.