Winter is here, and Kitsumkalum Emergency Management would like to remind you of a few things as we progress through this season:
- Please ensure your fire extinguisher is assessable. If you need one, please email me directly.
- Please check your smoke/CO alarms for functionality readiness. If you need one, please email me directly.
- Ensure access & egress points to your home are accessible.
- If you have a wood-burning fireplace, ensure the chimney has been serviced for the winter season to avoid a chimney fire.
- If plugging your vehicle in, consider an auto timer so that your vehicle is not plugged in longer than needed to avoid an electrical fire.
Many homes have recently received fire extinguishers and smoke/CO alarms. It is your responsibility to ensure fire protection of your home – we are here to support this effort!
As always, if you or someone you know needs emergent help, dial 911.
Stay safe this holiday season,
Emergency Program Coordinator