FNESS is currently inviting applicants for the position: Junior Accountant
The First Nations’ Emergency Services Society of British Columbia (FNESS) is a not-for-profit organization, as well as a registered charity, under the governance of a First Nation Board of Directors. FNESS assists BC First Nations in developing and sustaining safer, healthier and thriving communities. Our programs focus on Awareness, Preparedness, Mitigation and Recovery. The goals of a self-sustaining and resilient community must keep safety as a priority as we support the development of community and professional capacity.
The Junior Accountant will spend roughly 60% of their time on accounts payables and receivables and then support the Senior Accountant with month end duties and special projects.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Bank reconciliation preparation
- Entering invoices and preparing cheques and EFTs
- Preparation of monthly project reports
- Account analyses and reconciliations
- Month-end journal entries and processes
- Reclassifying payroll entries
- A post-secondary degree or diploma with successful completion of accounting courses
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.),
- A willingness to ask questions and find solutions
TERMS: Full Time Employment Agreement
LOCATION: North Vancouver
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Deadline for receiving applications is: Will remain open until filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted.