Heavy Equipment Operator & Class 1 DriverTraining Opportunities for Kitsumkalum members
In partnership with TriCorp, WorkBC – Terrace, The Kalum Logistics Park, Kalum Quarry, Kitsumkalum Economic Development & Kitsumkalum Training Centre.
- Class 1 drivers training will potentially start in February 2023 and go for one month.
- Heavy Equipment Training will last 3 months from February – April 2023
- Must have a valid class 5 drivers license (Class 1 req) or will obtain one soon
- Must provide a drivers abstract
- Updated resume
- Bring all valid id – current status card, drivers license, care card, sin card.
- Provide a to whom it may concern letter on why you want to take either Heavy Equipment Operators or Class 1 Training.
- Possess up to date eyeglasses – required for the new driver’s license
- Must be prepared to pass a physical test as per for class 1 drivers license, provide medical information/forms from your doctor if needed
- Must pass drug and alcohol testing.
- Applicants must be reliable and not miss any training days
- Solid communication skills
- Team oriented and able to interact with multiple departments
- Ability to work independently and accept responsibility with limited supervision.
- In order to get a living allowance from Workbc phone this number asap: (250) 638-8108. It takes 2 – 3 weeks to process. Including for EI applicants.
Applicant Intake Days:
Economic Development Board Room, 14303 Highway 16 west. The group of trailers across from the Kalum Gas Bar/Tempo
- January 20th & 27th, 2023 from 10AM – 3:30 PM
For more information, contact:
Ms. Diane Lukasser
Kitsumkalum Economic Development
14303 Highway 16 West
Terrace, BC V8G 0C8
Ph#: (250) 635-5000 + ext: 100