Three (3) Poll Worker positions are available in Kitsumkalum. Training classes will be provided and schedules will be accommodated
Day and time of work: Election Day September 20, 2021, 8:30 am to 9:00 pm and time required to count ballots.
Find more information at www.elections.ca
Poll workers positions Poll workers work primarily at polling places, that is, where electors go to vote. Various positions are available, from the deputy returning officer, who handles the ballots, to the information officer, who directs electors to the appropriate table. During an election, poll workers are on the front line and make it possible for electors to vote in an orderly fashion. Elections Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for workers and electors, and we have put health and safety measures in place at every polling place.
Individuals interested in applying for these positions must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Basic literacy skills (reading, writing and comprehension)
- Basic interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise impartiality and to deal with people who may be impatient
- Ability to serve electors with disabilities
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Basic analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to standards and safety measures
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work long days (at least 13 hours)
Diane Francis Recruitment Officer Elections Canada Email: dianejoycefrancis (at) gmail (dot) com Cell: 250-638-2864