Posting No: SS2324 – 104 June 6, 2023
Integrated Child & Youth Peer Support Worker
Itinerant – Terrace
Closing Date: June 19, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Term: Continuing as per school calendar
Allowances: Not applicable
Start Date: September 5, 2023
Coast Mountains School District 82 gives thanks, and acknowledges with respect, that the lands on which we live, work, learn and play are the traditional territories of the Gitxsan, Haisla, Nisga’a and Tsimshian Peoples.
The Youth Peer Support worker participates as a core ICY team member. Drawing on their own lived experience, the Youth Peer Support worker offers peer–based mentoring and emotional support, and works collaboratively with youth, their families, and members of the care team. The Youth Peer Support worker acts as a role model and helps young people and their families work towards their self-identified goals by supporting them with systems navigation and to connecting them with resources on ICY teams and in the community.
Typical Qualifications and Skills:
• Grade 12 Graduation Dogwood or Completion Certificate, including 1-2 years of related experience working with youth and young adults with mental health and/or substance use issues or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Lived understanding of mental illness and/or substance use, completion of/eligible for completion of a recognized youth peer support-training program Lived experience and/or understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusive practices (i.e. Indigeneity, anti-racism, LGBTQ2+) as it relates to the local population.
• Completion or near completion of the BC Campus Provincial Peer Training Curriculum. Preference may be given to individuals who have also completed a recognized Peer Support Training course.
Job Descriptions may be viewed on our website at: cmsd.bc.ca/support-staff-postings/support-staff job-descriptions
THE BOARD SHALL CONSIDER APPLICANTS IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:
- Internal applicants with CUPE Local 2052 regular seniority
- Casual and Temporary Internal applicants with CUPE Local 2052 secondary seniority
- Casual Employees without seniority and outside applicants
Applications must be made in writing to:
All applicants must comply with the Criminal Records Review Act
This position is employed on dates that students attend regular classes. Employees who do not meet the required qualifications may only hold the position on a temporary basis in accordance with Article 10.03
Learning Together, Realizing Success for All – Engage, Ignite, Empower