PCL Construction, in collaboration with the Northern Health Authority and the Skeena Salmon
Arts Fest Society is seeking proposals from artists to create a logo for the Mills Memorial
Hospital Redevelopment project.
The project is seeking Northwest Coast formline style drawing, created by an artist of
indigenous heritage who resides in Northern Health’s Northwest Health services area.
Established or emerging artists of all experience levels are encouraged to apply. Please note
the follow criteria:
• Digital file deliverable. Paper based submissions welcomed, artist is responsible for
providing digital vector based file. If the artist is unfamiliar with file conversion, we will
work with you on this.
• Circle, square or horizontal, 1:1 or 3:2 width:height aspect ratio
• Reproducible as small as 1” high
• No text in the logo
Utilization and Licensing
• The artist and PCL will enter into a licensing agreement for the artwork, with the artist
providing full licensing rights for the artwork/logo. The artwork/logo will be reproduced
and may be used in project branding pertaining to the new Mills Memorial Hospital
Redevelopment Project and included on (but not limited to): Letterhead, newsletters,
cards, posters, non-limited prints, social media, promotional materials, clothing, and
• The artwork/logo will not be used for revenue generating purposes (ie, products will not
be sold), with the exception of the potential to create a specific art deliverable for auction
with proceeds going to the REM Lee Hospital Foundation, a registered charity that raises
funds in support of Mills Memorial Hospital and Terraceview Lodge.
• up to 200 signed and numbered prints, approximately 12-16” high.
We request that the artist price this item separately and collaborate with PCL Construction on
the deliverable format. Prints could be Giclee, silk screen or other format, and should be ready
to hang. These prints will be used as gifts or honorariums at PCL’s discretion, and will not be
Art Theme Options:
Please consider the following items in developing your submission.
• Connecting with and honoring Northwest BC nature and wildlife
• Celebrating community and personal resilience
• Celebrating a project vision of “Building a Caring Legacy”
• Celebrating the Values of Northern Health
• Empathy – seeking to understand each individual’s experience
• Respect – Accepting each person as a unique individual
• Collaboration – Working together to build partnerships
• Innovation – Seeking creative and practical solutions
Additional Submission Requirements:
• Artist Biography (500 words maximum) that includes artist’s full name, email address,
community affiliation, description of art practice, past projects; and
• Artwork Statement (500 words maximum) that describes artist’s vision and concepts for
highlighting the connection of their art to the Mills Memorial Hospital redevelopment
project, healthcare services, the community of Terrace, Northwest BC and/or history of
the Indigenous peoples in the area.
The artist is to provide one price for the delivery of the digital file which will include authorizing
PCL and Northern Health to use the artwork as described in this Request for Proposals. A price
for the signed and numbered prints is requested, but not required as part of your submission.
The project team will work with the artist on the scope and cost of the Additional Delivery of
the 200 signed and numbered prints.
The winning design will be chosen by a selection committee. The successful artist may be
required to undertake minor revisions based on feedback from the selection committee.
The committee will choose the design that best matches the Criteria and Art Theme Options
and at a price that reflects fair value for the work.
Deadline for applications January 5, 2022
Please submit your proposal and any questions to: