Emergency Programs Update – Provincial Health Orders
December 3, 2020
The Kitsumkalum Band Council has:
- Pursuant to section 88 of the Indian Act R.S., 1985, c. 1-5 adopted British Columbia’s COVID-19 Health Orders and Emergency Measures as orders of general application in the Province of British Columbia to be applicable to Kitsumkaylum IR # 1 and Zimacord IR # 3 to reduce the risk of the spread of the COVID-19 virus on the Kitsumkalum reserve lands, those being Kitsumkalum Indian Reserve No. 1, and Zimacord Indian Reserve No. 3,
- The Kitsumkalum Band Council authorizes the RCMP to enforce British Columbia’s COVID-19 Health Orders on Kitsumkaylum IR # 1 and Zimacord IR # 3, and
- Including current and future COVID-19 related Provincial Health Orders and Emergency Measures of general application in the Province of British Columbia, as the following:
“By order and direction of the PHO, individuals and businesses in B.C. must significantly reduce social interactions and travel. The order is in effect until December 7, 2020 at midnight.” – www2.gov.bc.ca
- All in-person events and community-bases gatherings are suspended.
- No social gatherings of any size in or outside your residence.
- Stay within your core bubble only (immediate household). For those who live alone, a maximum of two people who do not live with you but are part of your bubble (partner, relative, friend, co-parent).
- Masks are required in all public indoor settings.
- All non-essential travel should be avoided. This includes into and out of B.C.
- Individual circumstances may affect whether a trip is considered essential or non-essential. Essential travel within B.C. includes: regular travel for work within your region, and travel for things like medical appointments.
- If you need to travel for essential reasons, take the same health precautions you do at home:
- Wash your hands often.
- Practice safe distancing, 6 ft.
- Travel only with yourself, household or pandemic bubble.
- Stick to the outdoors whenever possible.
- Clean spaces often
- Wear a mask in indoor spaces.
Stay informed on the Provincial Health Orders and read full details at www2.gov.bc.ca and our website
www.kitsumkalum.com. Watch for updates through our E-News (subscribe by emailing info (at) kitsumkalum.com), and social media pages – @Kitsumkalum on Facebook and Twitter.
Kitsumkalum Health: 250-635-6172; director.health (at) kitsumkalum.com
Northern Health COVID-19 Online Clinic and Information Line: 1-844-645-7811
HealthLink BC: 8-1-1; Hard of hearing/deaf: 7-1-1
First Nations Health Authority Information: www.fnha.ca/about/news-and-events/news/information-on-novel-coronavirus