OPEN PERIOD: Until incumbent found
70 hrs. Bi-Weekly
LOCATIONS: Kitsumkalum, Terrace B.C.
This is a full time position as the Home Care Nurse and Community Health Nurse. In this position you will provide a comprehensive range of core nursing functions and services in Kitsumkalum Community. In the areas of community and/or public heath, primary care, and home care through promotion and maintenance of the health of individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Nursing registration and membership with the College of Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC or CLPNBC).
- Knowledge of First Nation(s) culture is an asset.
- 2 Years’ previous experience in First Nations Home/ Community Care, and or acute care.
- Up dated Criminal Record Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Immunization Certification
- Valid B.C. driver’s license and own reliable vehicle
- General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognizes the importance of First Nations cultural identity, principles and protocols as part of a healthy, balanced lifestyle for individuals within a the community of Kitsumkalum.
- Applies and utilizes key nursing knowledge and critical thinking to choose options to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and interventions to address health issues, taking into account relevant evidence, legislation regulations and policies.
- Plan and deliver and deliver appropriate assessment and care to clients/patients.
- Collects, assesses, analyzes, and applies information from various data
- sources to make evidence informed decisions for nursing services,
- including program planning, development and priority setting with
- individuals, families, groups, and communities, and interprets information for professional and community audiences.
- Advocates for public policy and services that promote and protect the
- health and wellbeing of individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Utilizes evidence and research to influence health policies, programs, and practices and synthesizes nursing and health knowledge from a broad range of theories, models, and frameworks to address the health status of populations, inequities in health, determinants of health, strategies for health promotion, disease and injury prevention, health protection, case management, as well as the factors that influence the delivery and use of nursing and health services.
- Builds capacity, improves performance and enhances the quality of the
- working environment by sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience
- with members of the health center team.
- Competes and submits service delivery data and reports as required to First Nation Health Authority Home and Community Care Program.
- Adheres to infection-control guidelines Maintains client confidentiality
- and ensures that all records are stored securely. Ability to maintain a
- professional demeanor and confidentiality.
- Involves individuals, families, groups, and communities as active partners to take action to address health inequities, and foster a self-management care approach for chronic conditions.
- Participates in case management and family conferences as appropriate.
- Maintains nursing skills through attendance at workshops, conferences, in-service and staff meeting, in addition to reading current
- literature and Best Practice Guidelines.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people and circumstances.
- Ability to guide, supervise, and establish realistic performance expectations for Health Care Aide Worker and Kitsumkalum Community Health Representative.
- Documents the assessments, care plans and service delivery on the clients chart update all fillies on an annual basis.
- Act as a resource to other program and service staff.
- Other duties as required and may vary depending on the patient population and staff resources.
The position requires approximately 12 – 20 Km of weekly travel within the community.
Full job description upon hire.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and 2 letters of reference to:
Kitsumkalum Health Center
PO BOX 544
Terrace B.C. V8G 4B5
Email contact found on the download:Download