Good day Kitsumkalum Community,
We are taking this COVID-19 Virus very seriously. At the Health Centre we have taken the appropriate measures to keep our community safe.
With the support of Diane Collins and Rachel Munroe we have provided each home in our community with the following signs: “I am okay,” “Help,” and “Under Self-Quarantine.” Thank you for displaying it on your windows visible from the road.
We all play a key role in SLOWING down the spread of COVID-19 virus.
This is how we can all do our part:
• Stay home
• If you are sick STAY home
• Don’t have parties for Adults or Kids
• Don’t visit each other
• Don’t touch your face
• Wash your hand often, washing for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water
• Practice physical distancing
• Send only 1 person to get your shopping
• Call Family members and Friends
• Take small walks in your yard, around the block These steps have proven to work to SLOW the COVID-19 down.
How the Health staff can help:
• We can advocate to your Doctor to ensure you have your medication.
• We will do phone call wellness checks
• We have set Toby up to take Phone call appointments
• Blaine is providing counselling support over the phone
• We have connected with our partners in health to provide a safe way for you to receive support from Mental Wellness to Primary Care.
Please continue to be patient and understanding as we have been planning and looking at options on how we support our members. We have been sharing with our communication team to keep updated information on Kitsumkalum’s website and Facebook page. If your family members don’t have access to the internet please share this information with them.
We have been working with our leadership, band manager and our emergency program coordinator to do what we can to keep our community safe and to support our community members the best we can. Please be patient with us, as we have never been faced with such a Pandemic at this level where the WORLD is being affected as well.
Thank you all for your support, patience and understanding at this time and please know that together we each play an important role.
Thank you to Sandra Wesley, Reilly Kluss, Miranda Stevens, Blaine Stensgaard, Andrea Sam, Lissa Parker, and Rob Manion for handing out the donations we received this week. We are doing our best to get something for everyone in the community.
Take care and please stay safe.
Mrs. Charlene Webb, Health Director
Kitsumkalum Health Centre
T: 250-635-6172, C: 250-641-1553
Northern Health COVID-19 Online Clinic and Information Line: 1-844-645-7811 HealthLink BC: 8-1-1; Hard of hearing/deaf: 7-1-1
First Nations Health Authority COVID-19 Portal: https://www.fnha.ca/what-we-do/communicable-disease-control/coronavirus