Kitsumkalum residents who attended services for the late Dr. Joe Gosnell please call Kitsumkalum Health 250-635-6172 and self-isolate
All Kitsumkalum members, and those non-members living within Kitsumkalum, who attended events related to the funeral of Dr. Joseph Gosnell between August 17th and 28th MUST
- Contact the Kitsumkalum Centre (250-635-6172) and notify Charlene Webb, Health Director of their activities and all those they have been in contact with after the funeral of Dr. Joseph Gosnell,
- MUST enter into MANDATORY Self-Isolation for 14 days with no direct contact with Kitsumkalum members during the 14 – day self Isolation. Kitsumkalum Health will support you during this time.
- Monitor daily for COVID-19 symptoms: fever (over 37*), chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, headache, fatigue, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea, vomitting, muscle aches. Less commom symptoms: stuffy nose, conjunctivitis (pink eye), dizziness, confusion, abdominal pain, skin rashes or discolouration of fingers or toes.
All Kitsumkalum offices are still closed to the public until further notice.
Kitsumkalum members are reminded to stay vigilant during this time by:
- Social distancing – stay home and avoid gatherings of more then 6 people
- Self-isolating – if you have travelled outside of the Northern Health region
- Washing your hands – thoroughly washing with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds, hand sanitizer when soap isn’t available. Disinfect all frequently touched surfaces regularly.
- Avoiding non-essential travel – stay home when possible.
- Staying calm, kind, safe and respectful.
T: 250-635-6177 | Email on the attachment
Charlene Webb, Health Director | Kitsumkalum Health Centre
T: 250-635-6172 | T-F: 1-844-869-5993 | Email on the attachment
Visit HealthLinkBC for the most up to date information on COVID-19 and the status of the pandemic: www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
HealthLink BC Hotline: 8-1-1 | Northern Health COVID-19 Online Clinic and Information Line: 1-844-645-7811Download